YOGA at bodhi breathe
At bodhi breathe (located in Downtown Somerville NJ at 19 North Doughty Street) we focus on stress management and relaxation. Core strengthening is the core of our program and we offer numerous forms of yoga to accommodate your needs and wants. All of our classes are designed in advance and can be customized to support all fitness levels.
Benefits of yoga and pilates:
– improved flexibility
– increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
– balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
– enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
– improved stabilization of your spine
– improved posture
– rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
– improved physical coordination and balance
– relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
– safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
– prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
– increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
– improved concentration
– increased body awareness
– stress management and relaxation.
We practice three forms of yoga:
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
A moving meditation connecting our breathe with our body. Everyone is welcome in this moderate paced class. This flow is both challenging yet accessible with an emphasis on alignment within each pose with safe transitions in order to build a strong foundation.
This traditional Ashtanga series connects your breath, movement, mind and body. Each class is structured with the same core movements and poses, which allow you to become familiarized with the flow and in turn unlocks a deeper connection. This class emphasizes not only stretching and strengthening but also becoming more present and aware of our body’s subtleties. Open to all fitness levels.
A therapeutic style of yoga which uses props to make it easier for the body to get into certain poses and thus surrender to the pose. Practicing poses using props provides a completely supportive environment for total relaxation. This style is perfect for students at any level who may have physical limitations and or recovering from injury.
This 1 hour class combines both Yoga and Pilates into a powerful core workout.
Our yoga room is heated to 84°F to keep your body comfortably warm. During this class, you will feel a sense of grounding and stability. Although not as intense as a “Hot Yoga” class, Warm Yoga will present challenging postures with a gentle approach. The Vinyasa Flow is open level for all students, with many variations provided. Come join the grounding flow that will keep you clear in the mind and stable in the body.