These vegan chickpea nuggets are also gluten-free! If you are looking for a delicious meal on the go, these chickpea nuggets will not disappoint!
Ingredients for Chickpea Nuggets
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (do not drain)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (no salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (no salt)
Directions for Chickpea Nuggets
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°F. Place the breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until toasted and golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool while preparing the nuggets.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas over a bowl or measuring cup, then save the chickpeas and 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Place the chickpeas into a food processor; add the salt, garlic, and onion powder; and pulse until crumbly. Keep the mixture in the food processor.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the chickpea liquid in a small mixing bowl until foamy. Add the foamy chickpea liquid and the almond flour to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball. You may have a little oat flour leftover, which you can add to the chickpea mixture 1 tablespoon at a time if the mixture is loose.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into 12 equal portions (31gr each) and shape each one into a nugget.
- Coat each nugget completely in the toasted breadcrumbs and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce *see sweet and spicy dipping sauce below
Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce for Chickpea Nuggets
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (you can use more if you want the sauce spicier)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl combine the honey and Sriracha and stir.
- Add the lime and salt.
- Whisk together.
We do not believe in “diets”, we believe in creating a sustainable diet plan that fits our lifestyle and matches up with our goals. Flexible dieting equals healthy, sustainable living! For more info on the Nutrition Education program at bodhi, schedule your free consultation and test run the bodhi experience!